Office of Child Nutrition

Open Summer Meal Sites (click here)


We are pleased to inform you that Students in Wood County will have the opportunity to eat breakfast and lunch at school at no cost through a program called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for School Year 2020-21.The CEP was enacted as a result of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act and provides universal meal service to children in high-poverty areas.

What does this mean for your student(s) attending Wood County Schools?

Great news for your students! All enrolled students in the Wood County School System are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2020-21 school year.No further action is required of you.Your child(ren) will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit an application.

Additional meals as well as milk for students bringing a cold lunch and extra milk will be available for purchase to students. Charging the sale of these items will not be permitted.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact Child Nutrition at 304-420-9631 extension 101.

The Child Nutrition Office Has Moved....

Child Nutrition Office is located in the Child Nutrition Warehouse behind Wood County School's Maintenance Department

4701 Camden Ave. Ext
Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101.

Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday

Telephone Number: 304-420-9631

  • For Student Billing payments & questions: extension 104
  • For Free & Reduced Meal application questions: extension 104
  • For After School Snack program & Summer Food Service Program: extension 102
  • For other questions or problems: extension 103
  • For Director of Child Nutrition: extension 101

Civil Rights

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov.