Wood County Schools utilizes benchmark assessments to highlight student growth and help teachers make decisions about instruction
Students in Kindergarten through 7th grade at all schools, and 6th and 7th grade students at Williamstown High School take i-Ready diagnostic assessments at least three times per year. The assessments check for growth in reading and math.
- Fall Benchmarks K-8: September 10 - October 16
- Winter Benchmarks K-8: January 25 – February 26
- Spring Benchmarks Gr K-2: May 3 – 28
Parent reports will be provided upon completion of assessments. The reports provide an analysis of your student’s strengths and weaknesses, and a plan for growth between benchmark assessments.
The PSAT is administered one time per year in the fall.
- Students in grade 8 at Williamstown High School will take the PSAT 8/9.
- Students in grade 9 will take the PSAT 8/9.
- Students in grade 10 will take take the PSAT10.
Results are provided through the student’s personal College Board account or by the school.